We are proud to offer again this upcoming season our Senior Water Aerobics Program. Our healthy and fun filled program will be led by our instructor, Martha Webber, a certified instructor in Water-in-Motion, CW Fitness Education and Fitmotivation.
As you submerge yourself into the deep end of a pool for a water fitness workout, your body becomes weightless, giving you a new kind of workout challenge. While deep water aerobics has a low impact on your joints, it has a high impact on your cardiovascular system. Stretching movements are also a big part of this class.
- Water Aerobics only classes (Approximately 20 Classes)
- Water Aerobics classes with a season long Pool Membership
- Drop-in Daily rate of $10
The Benefits of Water Aerobics for Seniors
- Builds strength: Water adds resistance to any workout, and water weights and other equipment can increase the effect.
- Enhances range of motion: With greater buoyancy and lower gravity, exercise in water can give you a greater range of motion.
- Helps with balance: The fluidity of water can help you work on your balance, giving you more confidence.
- Improves heart and lung function: Combining a vigorous workout with water pressure helps the heart, lungs and circulation.
- Increases flexibility: With the support of water, you may be able to increase your flexibility, which helps your muscles.
- Manages weight: Water aerobics burns calories and helps boost metabolism, which can help with weight loss.
- Relieves joint pain: With less strain on the joints, water gives you therapeutic benefits, and can ease pain.
- Strengthens bones: Water-based exercise can maintain or improve bone health, according to the Aquatic Exercise Association.
- Boosts mental health: The sounds and sensations of water helps you relax and de-stress.
- Contributes to well-being: Exercising in water can improve mood, decrease anxiety and fight depression, according to the CDC.
- Forges social bonds: Exercising with friends builds community and fights against loneliness.
Provides a sense of accomplishment: If you struggle exercising on dry land, water-based exercise can be easier, less painful and can give you a feeling of accomplishment.